Blue Ridge Community College – Flat Rock, NC
180 W Campus Dr, Flat Rock, NC 28731
Buncombe County Beekeepers Club
Henderson County Beekeepers Club
Haywood County Beekeepers Club
Madison County Beekeepers Club
Experience the scenic mountains of North Carolina!
Make plans now to join your fellow beekeepers for the summer meeting to be held at a spacious and beautiful, green space venue in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Flat Rock, Hendersonville and Asheville. Experience three days of excellent beekeeping presenters, participate in informative workshops, meet and shop with the major purveyors of beekeeping equipment and supplies, and enjoy the company of old friends and make new ones.
The summer meeting promises to be an excellent event with programs and presentations from:
- Tom Seeley- Cornell University- Author of Honeybee Ecology (1985), The Wisdom of the Hive (1996), and Honeybee Democracy (2010). Dr. Seeley’s research focus is the social behavior of the honey bee.
- Frederique Keller- President of the American Apitherapy Society- leading acupuncturist, medical herbalist will present programs on apitherapy which utilize bee venom therapy, honey, pollen, propolis, and royal jelly
- David Tarpy- NCSU- Outstanding professor and researcher, NCSU Cooperative Extension State Apiculturist. Dr. Tarpy will present on his current research at NCSU and beekeeping issues in NC.
- Phil Craft- Bee Culture magazine, author of “Ask Phil”
Experienced beekeepers will present expanded beekeeper workshops featuring practical beekeeping information and Born and Bred queen rearing programs
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Apiary inspectors will present beekeeping programs in apiaries located in the open green spaces of Blue Ridge Community College
More Information and Registration: ncbeekeepers.org/education/statewide-conferences/2018-ncsba-summer-conference