Renewing member? Click here for more information
Anyone interested in beekeeping and the beekeeping industry may join the Surry County Beekeepers Association.
Individual membership is just $25 per year and runs January 1 – December 31. Membership dues include membership in both the Surry County Beekeepers ($10) and the North Carolina State Beekeepers Association ($15).
Members Benefits Include:
- Meeting reminders mailed monthly
- 2 field days per year with instruction from one of the NC Apiary Inspectors and a chance to ask questions and get some hands on experience.
- A chance to visit with other beekeepers socially at our annual picnic and Christmas party
- 8 meetings per year where we cover topics from beginning beekeeping to the latest advances in pest control.
- Membership in NC State Beekeepers Association, the largest and oldest beekeeping organization in the country.
- Discounted registration to the spring and summer state beekeeping conferences.
- Quarterly state newsletter either emailed or mailed to you.
- Discounts subscription rate for the American Bee Journal
- The Yellow Book, a member guide of the NCSBA, mailed to your home.
- Access to the NCSBA Master Beekeeper Certification program.
- Access to the NCSBA Certified Honey program.
To join, print the membership form provided below and mail it to the SCBA Treasurer at the address listed on the form along with a check for $25 made out to SCBA. Or bring the form with you to a meeting and pay by cash or check in person.
Note: If you are a member of other chapters and already an active member of NCSBA, the membership dues are $10 and you must send your NCSBA member number along with payment. If you are not sure of your member number, you can look it up at NC Beekeepers website or find it on the address label for the Yellow Book or newsletter (if you have the newsletter mailed to you). It appears directly above your name on the address label.